Re: Comment typo in tableam.h

From: Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Antonin Houska <ah(at)cybertec(dot)at>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comment typo in tableam.h
Date: 2019-07-01 19:30:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 1:47 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 11:26 PM Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 5:24 PM Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> There were few more minor typos I had collected for table am, passing
> them along here.
> >>
> >> Some of the required callback functions are missing Assert checking
> (minor thing), adding them in separate patch.
> >

> > Curious to know if need to register such small typo fixing and assertion
> adding patchs to commit-fest as well ?
> >

> Normally, such things are handled out of CF, but to avoid forgetting,
> we can register it. However, this particular item suits more to 'Open
> Items'[1]. You can remove the objectionable part of the comment,
> other things in your patch look good to me. If nobody else picks it
> up, I will take care of it.

Thank you, I thought Committer would remove the objectionable part of
comment change and commit the patch if seems fine. I don't mind changing,
just feel adds extra back and forth cycle.

Please find attached v2 of patch 1 without objectionable comment change. v1
of patch 2 attaching here just for convenience, no modifications made to it.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Fix-typos-in-few-tableam-comments.patch text/x-patch 2.4 KB
v1-0002-Add-assertions-for-required-table-am-callbacks.patch text/x-patch 1.5 KB