Query regarding certificate authentication in postgres

From: Ashok Patil <ashokrpatil(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Query regarding certificate authentication in postgres
Date: 2023-08-10 05:11:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Sir/Madam,

I have one query regarding client/server authentication using certificate
in postgres.

I am able to establish client server connection with OpenSSL certificate
creation.

We can create server and root certificates using OpenSSL and keep them in
data directory.
We need to update field in postgresql.conf (example ssl = ON, ssl_cert_file
= "Server.crt", ssl_key_file = "Server.key", also for client we need to
create certificate and key and need to update it in user directory.

My query is, instead of using a physical certificate from a
particular directory, can we use a certificate from the Windows certificate
store for both server and client? Server will refer to the installed
certificate from the server windows certificate store and the client will
use the client windows certificate store.

Please let me know if such a thing we can use. if yes , please share some