Re: How to cleanup transaction after statement_timeout aborts a query?

From: Istvan Soos <istvan(dot)soos(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to cleanup transaction after statement_timeout aborts a query?
Date: 2024-09-08 14:02:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Sep 8, 2024 at 3:41 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at> wrote:
> You must be doing something wrong then, because it works:

And you are right, I was doing something wrong:

The combination of the change and the library internals triggered a
SET statement_timeout TO 3000; before the ROLLBACK was sent, and the
error message I got was not clear on which statement triggered it.

I'm sorry for the noise.

Btw. Is there any guideline on how to write the client libraries or
recommendations/tests that a client library should follow?

Thanks,
Istvan