Re: Per thread Connection memory

From: Ankur Kaushik <ankurkaushik(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wei Shan <weishan(dot)ang(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Per thread Connection memory
Date: 2016-01-27 11:09:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am Monitor per sec query count using below command

====
while true; do (ps auxxx | grep postgres |wc -l); sleep 2; done

that around 390

=====
Actually The database is Migrated from Mysql to Postgresql
======

====
Most queries found in processlist is which full the Java memory pool ,
Hibernate is used in Application

SELECT NULL AS TABLE_CAT, n.nspname AS TABLE_SCHEM, c.relnam
e AS TABLE_NAME, CASE n.nspname ~ '^pg_' OR n.nspname =
'information_schema' WHEN true THEN CASE WHEN n.nspname = 'pg_catalog' OR
n.nspname = 'information_schema' THEN CASE c.relkind W
HEN 'r' THEN 'SYSTEM TABLE' WHEN 'v' THEN 'SYSTEM VIEW' WHEN 'i' THEN
'SYSTEM INDEX' ELSE NULL END WHEN n.nspname = 'pg_toast' THEN CASE
c.relkind WHEN 'r' THEN 'SYSTEM TOAST TAB
LE' WHEN 'i' THEN 'SYSTEM TOAST INDEX' ELSE NULL END ELSE CASE
c.relkind WHEN 'r' THEN 'TEMPORARY TABLE' WHEN 'i' THEN 'TEMPORARY
INDEX' WHEN 'S' THEN 'TEMPORARY SEQUENCE' WH
EN 'v' THEN 'TEMPORARY VIEW' ELSE NULL END END WHEN false THEN CASE
c.relkind WHEN 'r' THEN 'TABLE' WHEN 'i' THEN 'INDEX' WHEN 'S' THEN
'SEQUENCE' WHEN 'v' THEN 'VIEW' WHEN 'c' T
HEN 'TYPE' WHEN 'f' THEN 'FOREIGN TABLE' WHEN 'm' THEN 'MATERIALIZED
VIEW' ELSE NULL END ELSE NULL END AS TABLE_TYPE, d.description AS
REMARKS FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace n, pg_cat
alog.pg_class c L
====

Application Using Java Program , They have there java Pool system , when
this Java pool memory full , tomcat need to restart in every 30- 60 min

Please Let me know in Postgresql pgbouncer is essential use for handling
multithread applications ?