Looking for some assistance / guidance --

From: Jeff Silberberg <jms(at)dapage(dot)net>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Looking for some assistance / guidance --
Date: 2014-07-29 00:45:06
Lists: pgsql-php

Good evening --

I have a Wordpress / HTML form that includes <select size="5" multiple
name=Keys[]"....>

The form calls a PHP CGI program and if I set it to phpinfo() I see that
the array Keys is in the post data. An I can do a $selectedKeys =
$_POST('Keys') and walk through and echo out the array elements without a
problem.

My issues start when I attempt to pass the array of Keys to my PostgreSql
function with a parameter list of (web_Keys_ integer[], web_text_ text,
web_user_ text) ................

in my php I do a pg_connect, and then prepare a number of statements all of
which work but the last one.

it is $return_cde = pg_prepare($conn, "SendKeys", 'select
web.sendKeys$1, $2, $3)');.

and I try to execute this with

$userKey=$_POST['Keys'];
$userText=$_POST['msgText'] . " / " . $current_user->display_name;

$return = pg_execute($conn, "SendKeys", array($userKey, $userText,
$current_user->display_name));

Which returns and error --
function.pg-execute <http://dispatch.dapage.net/cgi-bin/function.pg-execute>]:
Query failed: ERROR: array value must start with "{" or dimension
information in */home/xxxxxxx/public_html/enterkey/cgi-bin/xxxxxxcgi.php*
on line *90*

echo "User Keys " . gettype($userKey)."<br>\n"; confirms this is a
Array .. An I have tried casting $1::int[] in the prepare with no
luck..

I find a lot of hits on Google searches but no solutions..

Hoping someone here can assist me with this issue..