Re: Typo in Documentation for Version 12 Section 40.3

From: Octopus ZHANG <zhangysh1995(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Typo in Documentation for Version 12 Section 40.3
Date: 2020-01-09 09:34:52
Lists: pgsql-docs

I partially agree. But with the context, it doesn't assume we want
`view<->visualize` the data. It also says:

>> Another use for a materialized view is to allow faster access to data
brought across from a remote system through a foreign data wrapper.

It is talking about 'the view' not the graph.

Yushan

Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> 于2020年1月9日周四 下午5:16写道:

> > This sentence doesn't make sense. I think it should be:
> >
> > --- If people want to be able to quickly grab/obtain/get historical sales
> > data, ...
>

> I'm not a native english speaker, but I'm pretty sure that sentence is
> correct.
> "graph" in this context refers to generating a graph of the data, which is
> made
> quite clear in the sentence below the codesnippet:
>
> "This materialized view might be useful for displaying a graph in
> the
> dashboard created for salespeople."
>
> cheers ./daniel

Apologize to any possible reply delay for time differences.
对于任何由于时差未能及时回复邮件的情况表示抱歉。