Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements

From: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements
Date: 2023-11-28 10:33:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Alexander!

I think table AM extensibility is a very good idea generally, not only in
the scope of APIs that are needed in OrioleDB. Thanks for your proposals!

For patches

> 0001-Allow-locking-updated-tuples-in-tuple_update-and--v1.patch

0002-Add-EvalPlanQual-delete-returning-isolation-test-v1.patch

The new isolation test is related to the previous patch. These two

patches were previously discussed in [2].

As discussion in [2] seems close to the patches being committed and the
only thing it is not in v16 yet is that it was too close to feature freeze,
I've copied these most recent versions of patches 0001 and 0002 from this
thread in [2] to finish and commit them there.

I'm planning to review some of the other patches from the current patchset
soon.

[2].
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAPpHfdua-YFw3XTprfutzGp28xXLigFtzNbuFY8yPhqeq6X5kg%40mail.gmail.com

Kind regards,