Re: Gin Implementation Page

From: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: lajospolya94(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Gin Implementation Page
Date: 2020-08-14 13:29:53
Lists: pgsql-docs

If I'm not mistaken GIN will replace posting list to posting tree (and so
shift it to another page) when on a current page there is not enough space.
But this does not necessarily mean that page is not enough to accommodate
current tuple(1). This rather means space left on a page is not necessary
due to occupation by neighbouring tuples. (2)

If we just replace tuple -> page we'll get meaning (1) which is not
precisely so.
I think existing description is accurate and doesn't need change basically.

Thanks for your question anyway!

--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov