Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case

From: Dev Kumkar <devdas(dot)kumkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
Date: 2013-07-03 15:50:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> Yes, both the identifier names and alias names are folded to lower case.
> I never thought of them as different, but you are right, they are, and
> we are non-standard in both areas. Sorry.

Any plans to fix this in next release or having a patch to fix this?
The default PostgreSQL behavior is folding column names to lower case but
when an alias is used it should fold as per alias name.

Note that adding quotes for aliases will be blessed by PostgreSQL and then
those will be folded to upper case BUT this adds up to lot of changes in
the SQL layer.

Regards...