Unquoted column names fold to lower case

From: Dev Kumkar <devdas(dot)kumkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
Date: 2013-07-03 09:12:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

All unquoted identifiers are assumed by PostgreSQL to be lower case by
default. This means
- SELECT MY_COLUMN FROM my_table
- SELECT my_column FROM my_table
- SELECT my_column as MY_COLUMN FROM my_table
All refer to my_column and has column name in lowercase as my_column.

If the aliases are in upper case and quoted then those are returned in
upper case.
- SELECT my_column as "MY_COLUMN" FROM my_table

Is there any workaround to set the alias columns to be returned as upper
case with adding quotes. Is there any connection level parameter to flip
this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Regards...