ODBC : SQLGetData question

From: Dev Kumkar <devdas(dot)kumkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC : SQLGetData question
Date: 2014-05-14 05:23:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I have a question regarding ODBC call SQLGetData.

SQLGetData(my_stmt, my_col_no, SQL_C_CHAR, &my_max_len, 0, &my_buff_len)

In case the column value is 'PG' then the value of my_buff_length gets
populated as 2 which is the expected value but in the call above in case
the table's column has value NULL then value of my_buff_len gets populated
as 4294967295 which is 4GB,
instead shouldn't my_buff_len get populated as SQL_NULL_DATA?

Postgres ODBC Driver version - 9.2.1
Platform - RHEL 5

Regards..