Re: Timezone information

From: Dev Kumkar <devdas(dot)kumkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Timezone information
Date: 2014-02-19 21:16:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:32 AM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>wrote:

> Try issuing SET TimeZone commands. I think you'll find that the
> client can set whatever time zone it wants.

I think am not being heard incorrectly here.

Here is the scenario - Database is created using binaries and not
postgreSQL installer here. Next this database gets created on one machine
SRC-INDIA and then is shipped globally which can be in any timezone, for
example TGT-USA.
Since the database is created on SRC-INDIA the timezone parameter gets set
as "Asia/Calcutta", but when shipped locally then now() would return
incorrect time as per target TGT-USA local time.

Regards...