Change postgresql encoding

From: Oliver <ofabelo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Change postgresql encoding
Date: 2015-02-08 19:20:10
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hi,
I have a new postgresql installation done, it has utf-8 encoding.
I have to make a Oracle database migration and it has ISO8859-15 encoding,
should I change postgresql encoding to same Oracle encoding or with utf-8
it should go well?
If I want change postgresql encoding, I have understood that I should
reinstall postgresql (I do installation from rpm official binary files for
red hat), someone knows say me if when you install software it asks you for
choosing encoding or it puts it from what you have in the system? (I did
installation from many time ago and I don't remember it).
Thanks beforehand.

P.D.: I've tried change encoding to a new postgresql database to latin9,
but it gives me error for having utf-8.

Regards...