Re: Fwd: Query parameter types not recognized

From: Roberto Balarezo <rober710(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Query parameter types not recognized
Date: 2017-02-10 21:51:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

The parameter defaultDueDate is a java.sql.Date object, an actual Date.
When I run the query with the value in it, it works:
```sql
db=> select COALESCE(duedate, date '2017-02-01' + 1) from invoices order by
duedate desc;
coalesce
---------------------
2017-02-02 00:00:00
2017-02-02 00:00:00
2016-11-14 00:00:00
2017-02-10 00:00:00
2017-02-02 00:00:00
2017-02-13 00:00:00
2017-02-02 00:00:00
2017-02-02 00:00:00
```

But when I send it as a parameter, it ignores it and seems to think the
expression is of type interger.