Re: Date created for tables

From: Justin <zzzzz(dot)graf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chloe Dives <Chloe(dot)Dives(at)cantabcapital(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Date created for tables
Date: 2019-12-05 19:02:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom

can't we get access to this information in a backwards way by using
pg_xact_commit_timestamp() then query the system catalog tables xmin entry
for the relevant object???

this requires turning on pg_xact_commit_timestamp
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-replication.html

will not show the creation date as it will be lost after an update and
vacuum ...