Re: Renaming sequences

From: Justin <zzzzz(dot)graf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Mike Dewhirst <miked(at)dewhirst(dot)com(dot)au>, Zahid Rahman <zahidr1000(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Renaming sequences
Date: 2019-12-18 14:04:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

If using Django with its ORM it cares what the name of the sequences are
along with anything it creates.
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/topics/db/models/

The ORM has pretty much recreated the entire Relation Database Model, DDL,
DML and abstracted it in a Object Model.

The naming schema is tablename+column+UUID . Changing the names will
bugger up the Django Migrations

to give an idea how horrible ORM can get with foreign keys and constraints
take a look at this one table created with Django ORM.

[image: image.png]