pg_conndefaults Returning empty string

From: Anushka Chandrababu <anushka(dot)babu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_conndefaults Returning empty string
Date: 2015-03-09 07:57:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am accessing postgres database using tcl. I am looking for a way to
change the database in an existing connection, but I saw that this is not
possible in postgresql without creating a new connection.

Then I decided to query pg_conndefaults so that I can get the previous
connection detail, mainly the host ip address. But
it returned blank strings. Is there a way to set the pg_conndefault
values.Then I can use those values to make the new connection. Please
understand that at this point in the code, I have no information about the
previous connection parameters. I only know the new database name to which
it has to be connected.

Please let me know if there is a way to tackle this situation.

Thank You
Anushka