RE: Handling time series data with PostgreSQL

From: Jayaram <jairamcbe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Handling time series data with PostgreSQL
Date: 2020-10-06 09:05:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear All,

I'm Jayaram S, oracle DBA. Currently we are planning to develop a stock
market based application which deals 80% of data with time data. We are in
the process of choosing the right database for the requirement especially
for time series data. After all multiple investigations, I found PostgreSQL
with timescaleDB works better than other DBs.

But still I'm new to PGSQL and we wanted only open source technology to
handle our requirements. It will be helpful to me if anyone can suggest
implementing the time series concepts in PostgreSQL database.
It's better if I can get proper docs or links with explanation.

Thanks in advance.,

--

*Thanks & Regards,Jayaram S,Banglore.India.*