Re: Prevent loss of query text when pgAdmin crashes or freezes

From: Vik Reykja <vikreykja(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michal Kozusznik <kozusznik(dot)michal(at)ifortuna(dot)cz>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Prevent loss of query text when pgAdmin crashes or freezes
Date: 2012-07-03 14:31:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Michal Kozusznik <
kozusznik(dot)michal(at)ifortuna(dot)cz> wrote:

> Please, don't start discussion about windows against linux stability.
> I'm working on W7 and I really don't remember if it crashed even once.

Please don't top post.

I don't believe I said anything about linux. You reported using Windows, I
also use Windows, it sometimes crashes on me and I lose my work. That's
somewhat my own fault for not saving often enough, but if pgAdmin knew how
to recover for me, I'd be happy.

This is not a flame war.

> I have a collogue who sit next to me, and he also reports pgadmin crash
> often.
> We suspect that pgadmin has problems with manage disconnections.

It certainly does, but that is only one of the ways for a crash.