Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION - add missing test case

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2024-08-16 04:15:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 15 Aug 2024 at 12:55, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> While reviewing another logical replication thread [1], I found an
> ERROR scenario that seems to be untested.
>
> TEST CASE: Attempt CREATE SUBSCRIPTION where the subscriber table is
> missing some expected column(s).
>
> Attached is a patch to add the missing test for this error message.

I agree currently there is no test to hit this code. I'm not sure if
this is the correct location for the test, should it be included in
the 008_diff_schema.pl file? Additionally, the commenting style for
this test appears quite different from the others. Could we use a
commenting style consistent with the earlier tests?

Regards,
Vignesh