[Pljava-dev] ENC: ERROR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

From: bgiles at coyotesong(dot)com (Bear Giles)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] ENC: ERROR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Date: 2012-10-08 16:30:29
Lists: pljava-dev

Do you know if those classes are in the JVM used by the postgresql server
or in the jar files you've explicitly deployed? That's burned me a few
times, enough that I

I've been fighting a similar problem for a few days.

1. Try writing a simple user-defined function that calls
classloader.forName('...ByteInputStream') and return a boolean indicating
success (or throw a SQLException if you got a ClassNotFoundException). You
might not have the library in the /postgresql/ jvm or a jar file you
explicitly loaded.

2. If the classloader failed it might be because static initialization
failed.

3. The class might not be a complete implementation and/or refer to a
missing class. I had some very confusing class not found exceptions due to
this.

That might not be enough - I'm still trying to figure out why I'm getting
that error on class that contains nothing but an empty method that takes a
trigger argument, but it can get you started.

BTW one of my errors was because java.security.Provider.Service isn't
implemented. That makes it hard to query the system to learn what
encryption algorithms are available!