[Pljava-dev] testing for equality in user-defined types in select statements

From: bgiles at coyotesong(dot)com (Bear Giles)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] testing for equality in user-defined types in select statements
Date: 2011-12-27 03:41:11
Lists: pljava-dev

I have a UDT for rational numbers. I want to be able to add it in select
statements but it doesn't work.

As a really simple example consider two tables

create table foo (foo varchar(20), value rational);
create table bar (bar varchar(20), value rational);

select f.value, f.foo, b.bar from foo f join bar b on (f.value =
b.value);

I vaguely recall that there were standard function names for this when I
played with C UDT years ago but that was PSQL version 5.x or 6.x. Is that
still the case? In either case the wiki should be updated.

There should be additional functions for ordering.

Thanks,

Bear