[Pljava-dev] Source code move to Git

From: bgiles at coyotesong(dot)com (Bear Giles)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Source code move to Git
Date: 2013-01-13 23:33:41
Lists: pljava-dev

Related to this - I created a project on google code a while back that has
a number of advanced examples for a series of blog posts I wrote - things
like user-defined types, triggers, etc. I don't know if it makes sense to
integrate the examples into the main source tree (as an 'examples'
artifact), have it as a sibling project, or have it totally independent.
The project makes it clear that it was never intended to be used as an
actual library, it just contains examples of how to use pl/java.

https://code.google.com/p/postgresql-pljava-examples/

Also I might be able to devote a few cycles to improving the crypto stuff.
The motivation is that server-side crypto means you could have a relatively
unprivileged user perform some tightly constrained functions. E.g., you may
have a database containing encrypted salaries but be willing to provide an
average salary. (Setting aside the crypto this is actually a hard problem
to solve since a series of careful queries may reveal individual
information. But at a minimum you could have a function that makes sure
there's at least a dozen data points, decrypts them, then averages them.)

The standard crypto extension provides a bit of this but we really want to
be able to toss BouncyCastle onto the jar path. I've started playing with
it but some key standard Jave-SE classes are missing.