Fwd: postgresql databases disappearing and reappearing and disappearing on localhost - Postgresql x649.3 on Windows 8.1 (64)

From: Killian Driscoll <killiandriscoll(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: postgresql databases disappearing and reappearing and disappearing on localhost - Postgresql x649.3 on Windows 8.1 (64)
Date: 2015-08-04 08:58:37
Lists: pgsql-general

I am using postgresql 9.3 with pgadmin III, and Access 2013 as a front end
for data entry using (ODBC connection) linked tables, on a Windows 8.1 (64).

I have one main database I am developing on a localhost:5432, with four
other test databases I had on the same localhost. A few weeks ago the four
test databases disappeared from the list in pgadmin III and using the shell
command to list the databases, only the main database showed up.

A week ago, the four test databases reappeared and were apparently
functional (in pgadmin I viewed the tables and they appeared fine). I
turned off pgadmin and restarted, and the four test dataabases disappeared
again.

Today, I turned on pgadmin and the four appeared again - I took a
screenshot to confirm I am not hallucinating (!). Again, I turned off
pgadmin, and restarted and they disappeared again.