Re: BUG #10381: psql.exe and pg_dump.exe are wrong version

From: Jonathan (Thành) <thanhr(at)icanlearn(dot)vn>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jonathan (Thành) <thanhR(at)icanlearn(dot)vn>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #10381: psql.exe and pg_dump.exe are wrong version
Date: 2014-05-20 09:15:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I solved the problem. I was using psql.exe from pgAdmin III and ran
pg_dump.exe from the same folder. the psql & pg_dump binaries included with
pgAdmin III are version 9.2.2 (pgAdmin 8.3 I think?, in any case, it's
straight from the installer from the website advertised as 9.3.4, I didn't
have postgres on my computer before the install)

However, I realized there were also the postgres binaries installed
somewhere else, and those are the right version. I also set up my PATH
variable to avoid issues, however pgAdmin was still using the old binaries
so I copy-pasted from the postgreSQL folder.

tl;dr postgreSQL is fine, pgAdmin is shipped with the wrong version. Not
sure if that's supposed to happen or not.