PostgreSQL 9.1 not connecting

From: Michael Rowan <michael(dot)rowan3(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL 9.1 not connecting
Date: 2014-04-23 04:29:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi
Utter novice would be glad of another hand here.

I have two Mac OSX 10.6.8 servers each with an iMac workstation OSX 10.6.8,
so two seemingly identical setups.

Each server has an identical (as far as I can see) PG 9.1 installation and
pgAdmin3 works fine on both with (copies of) the same data.

Using an Omnis Studio client app, one workstation will connect (always
has), the other will not (used to but not now). It gives no clue as to the
problem.

I checked pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf (listen_address = '*', port=5432)

Is there a way to get some debug feedback? Glad to have any help.

Michael