Multiple Schema in One DB

From: itishree sukla <itishree(dot)sukla(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Multiple Schema in One DB
Date: 2014-02-27 06:24:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I am in a requirement to have multiple schema in one Database.

Schema structure will be same with respect to DB all db objetcs like
tables, procedure.

However each schema will be accessed by one one application.

Problem is as all DB objects are same, when application is calling to a
schema we have set search_path='schema name' in our procedure level. Now
we want to get rid of that.

I know we have do it based on ROLE Level, question is having more than one
user defined schema is it achievable, i have done a small exercise, seems
to be it is taking the first schema defined in the set search_path.

As i am in urgent need of it, please help me.

Regards,
Itishree