Usability problem with pgAdmin4

From: "androxkentaki (dot)" <androxkentaki(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Usability problem with pgAdmin4
Date: 2020-03-25 13:13:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello everyone

Recently I start my adventure with pgAdmin4 on Windows. (I have worked
several years on pgA3 bot I need to update postgresql from 9.3 to 11).

And now I have some issues with it. I hope that more practiced users can
help me with it.

Basically it is usability problems. Maybe You have the same problems and
found solution for it.

So main topics are:

1. Finding proper SQL file to open in query tool: when I am preparing
some maintenance solution or report in our ERP system I am preparing SQL
script and save it into a file. When I want to come back to it. So I open
query tool > open file > select file. But main problem Is that I can’t find
it by part of a name. Is there any trick of plugin to filter files by part
of name? (in pgA3 it was explorer window so we can use search function)

[image: psaearch.png]

2. Triggers on tables and its procedures. In pgAdmin3 I was able to
go on table > Triggers > Name_of_trigger and expand definition of procedure
to edit it. On pgA4 I can only read of its name and I must find it
separately to reedit it.

3. Opening new Query tool from opened one. On pgA3 I can click NEW
and its done. On v4 I need go to main panel tab, expand Tools > Query tool

--
Z wyrazami szacunku
Andrzej Gerasimuk