Corrupt Index

From: Jorel Casal <jcasal(at)ixl(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Corrupt Index
Date: 2022-03-15 16:01:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All, has anyone experienced corrupted unique indexes?

During a Patroni leader switchover, we had a situation where a unique index
stopped "working", the index did not have records
that were in fact in the table and the table had duplicate records which
should have been prevented by said unique index.

Fixing the duplicate records and reindexing seems to have fixed the
problems, but I would like to be aware of it next time.

Is there a way to test for index corruption? Anyone else had this issue
before?

Thanks
-Jorel