Problematic read queries

From: dba consultant <dbaconsultant1515(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problematic read queries
Date: 2021-03-06 14:24:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Team,

We have recently configured replica to our postgres instance.
Now the application team wants to move problematic read queries to read
replica.
We have enabled pg_stat_statements extension.

1. How can I get most load causing queries from pg_stat_statements view
whether we can calculate it from column 'rows' or 'shared_blk_hit' or
'max_time' or we have to look into any specific columns for that particular
query?
2. I just want only read queries which should move to read replica: I could
see a few select queries calling functions, but functions have
insert,update statements so in that case whether it will be only select
query or insert,update query?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
DBA