Re: Plan differences

From: Anton Melser <melser(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Plan differences
Date: 2015-12-31 14:49:54
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

It is looking like some missing optimization that was removed from RC
> release.

Thanks. Is there some discussion of why these optimisations were removed? I
started looking at some of the more complicated queries I do and there are
many occasions where there are 10-30x performance degradations compared
with the RC. Not what I was hoping for with a much more powerful machine!
Were these optimisations really dangerous? Is there any (easy and safe) way
to get them back or would I need to reinstall an RC version?

Thanks again,
Anton