Can one call pg_total_relation_size over foreign data wrapper?

From: Ketan Popat <ketanpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can one call pg_total_relation_size over foreign data wrapper?
Date: 2022-01-31 08:07:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Team,

Can one call pg_total_relation_size over foreign data wrapper?

Problem statement - I need to connect to 100s of databases over foreign
data wrapper to collect the size of each table. As a part of that I have to
use pg_total_relation_size over foreign data wrappers.

Alternatively, I would have to create a view and expose that view as a
foreign table, I have tested and it seems working. However, I want to avoid
it unless that is the only and best option.

Other innovative ideas/suggestions are welcome and thanks for your help in
advance!

Thanks,
Ketan