Re: Public facing PostgreSQL hosting ?

From: Maciek Sakrejda <maciek(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: essam Ganadily <doctoresam(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Public facing PostgreSQL hosting ?
Date: 2015-09-01 02:50:04
Lists: pgsql-general

If I understand correctly, you're looking for Postgres hosted as a service?
Heroku provides hosting as a service [1], and we do allow you to connect
from anywhere. It's true that generally folks in the Postgres community
prefer to run databases with perimeter security and only leave your
database directly accessible to your application, but we've never had any
problems and we are confident in our security configuration. If you find
our plans are not a good fit, you can find a list of other vendors on
postgresql.org [2] (though I'm not sure which provide databases directly
accessible from the public Internet).

Thanks,
Maciek
Heroku Postgres