Re: Too many Open files error for postgres

From: "Geo P(dot)C(dot)" <pcgeopc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Too many Open files error for postgres
Date: 2016-06-22 13:41:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks a lot.. We are able to fix the issue with it by reducing
max_files_per_process to 500 from default 1000..

This paramater "Sets the maximum number of simultaneously open files
allowed to each server subprocess". So in postgres it means it reduces the
number of open files limit. If possible can you please refine what it
actually does?
* <http://pcgeo.blogspot.in/>*