Re: vacuum - reclaiming disk space.

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: vacuum - reclaiming disk space.
Date: 2016-03-17 17:01:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Autovacuum will eventually free your extra pages regarding index bloat but
it takes multiple runs.

You could also use reindex instead of vacuum full since you are only
interested in the index.

For the table there may be other options but they depend on your pattern of
writes.

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor
lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more