Re: Reset Postgresql users password

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reset Postgresql users password
Date: 2023-07-17 07:52:16
Lists: pgsql-general

You can use a DO block or write a function do to this.

It takes some practice (and you need to use EXECUTE FORMAT())

If users need to be able to change their own users, something like this
works:

CREATE FUNCTION change_my_password(in_password, text)
returns void language plpgsql as
$$
begin
EXECUTE FORMAT($F$ALTER USER $I WITH PASSWORD %L$F$, session_user,
in_password);
end;
$$ SECURITY DEFINER;

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor
lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more