Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alex Ignatov <a(dot)ignatov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Igor Neyman <ineyman(at)perceptron(dot)com>, Rakesh Kumar <rakeshkumar464a3(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL
Date: 2016-07-28 16:36:19
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Alex Ignatov <a(dot)ignatov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
wrote:

> On 28.07.2016 18:41, Igor Neyman wrote:

And see, I am just wondering, what DBA in their right mind would allow a db
to run without a complete and tested backup. I mean when you upgrade the
last thing you do is take another backup and the first thing you do after
upgrading is take another backup, right? Or am I just being dense?