Re: citext, actually probably using extensions

From: Morris de Oryx <morrisdeoryx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: citext, actually probably using extensions
Date: 2019-09-21 06:01:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Not sure about best practices, but what I'm going is like this:

* Create a schema named extensions.

* Install extensions in this special schema only. I don't put anything else
in there.

* Put the extensions schema early (left) in the search_path for each role.

* Grant execute access permissively on the functions in that schema.

If there's something deeply flawed about this strategy, I'd be keen to hear
about it. On the positive side, I find it simple to understand, maintain,
and explain to other people. YMMV