Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for statistics object - is there a way to clean this up?

From: Morris de Oryx <morrisdeoryx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for statistics object - is there a way to clean this up?
Date: 2020-11-15 09:02:20
Lists: pgsql-general

After posting, I realized that this is likely a Stupid User Error. I was
mucking around, and did something along the lines of

delete from pg_statistic_ext;

or
delete from pg_stats_ext;

...instead of DROP STATISTICS calls. Would this likely explain what I'm
seeing? If so, bug is in front of keyboard...my understanding is that you
shouldn't mess with the catalog data directly.