connect external app via pgadmin

From: bw <bwakkie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PgAdmin Support List <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: connect external app via pgadmin
Date: 2020-08-12 06:58:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

As I do not like to open-up my postgresql port to the outside world and
managing users via pgadmin is very user friendly. I was wondering if
somehow it would be possible to give external applications like Qgis for
instance access to the database via pgadmin?

For example in qgis in order to access the database it needs to connect
directly to the postgresql port and I have to create a linux user for them.
I do not want that. I rather manage this inside pgadmin. If qgis would
somehow be able to connect to the db via a pgadmin api that would be really
great.

regards,
Bastiaan