Re: Check Replication lag

From: Pawan Sharma <pawanpg0963(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com
Subject: Re: Check Replication lag
Date: 2021-10-11 16:59:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Depesz,

Thanks for your quick response, let me give some overview of our cluster
setups. Actually we have a Patroni cluster running with one replica
(Replica 1) in the same data center with no data lag. whereas we have
configured one more replica(Replica 2) in a different data center
through AWS S3 WAL shipping and replaying.

So we can easily check Patroni replica (Replica1) lag using the patronictl
list command. but I am looking how I can check replication lag of Replica 2
which is configured through AWS.

As I have checked with above query I am getting same response from both the
replicas. whereas on Replica2 there is some lag exist.

I have created dummy table on master node and its synced on replica1
simultaneously but it taking hours to sync on replica2.

Regards,
Pawan