Re: Veritas cluster management

From: Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>
To: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Veritas cluster management
Date: 2017-08-30 13:48:13
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For any of you with those failover clusters, do you know if "pg_ctl
> reload" works (for compatible config file changes), or must we bounce the
> database using "hares -offline" then "hares -online"?

pg_ctl reload does work in this case. HOWEVER, if you do something that
could cause trouble to the cluster (i.e. a pg_hba.conf change that breaks
connectivity), this could cause veritas to try and failover. It's
recommended that you test your changes to avoid these scenarios.

Technically however, pg_ctl reload works just fine, just don't break
anything :)

--Scott