Re: Er Data Modeller for PostgreSQL

From: Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Er Data Modeller for PostgreSQL
Date: 2016-12-29 14:44:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, Nicolas Paris wrote:
>
> Hi I'd like to tell about Sql Power Architect
>>

> Nicholas,
>
> SPA was going to be my next re-examination after dbeaver. Since the
> latter
> easily accomplished what I needed I stopped there.

I've actually used Sql Power Architect before as well. I like Schema Spy
because it's a quick read-only way to give me a fast report. SQL Power
Architect is nice because it's graphical and you can interact with the
DBA. I've also used DBVisualizer for this ( I actually love DBVisualizer
), but that tool is geared for interacting with the database and has
visualization as an extra. I'll have to try dbeaver, I've heard of it,
but, haven't used it.

Schema Spy is great, but, I do always have to come back and find the
exact command needed to kick it off, it's CLI is a bit over-complicated.

--Scott