Re: Question on pgwatch

From: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bikram MAJUMDAR <Bikram(dot)Majumdar(at)aqsacom(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "bikramma(at)gmail(dot)com" <bikramma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Question on pgwatch
Date: 2019-08-13 18:23:09
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:50 PM Bikram MAJUMDAR
<Bikram(dot)Majumdar(at)aqsacom(dot)com> wrote:
> So are you saying we can run pgwatch from windows also ?

No, I wrote that pgwatch runs in a docker container, so as far as you
can run docker on windows you should be able to run pgwatch within
docker on top of windows.

> From reading so far on pgwatch, I thought it can be installed and run only on linux platforms - but, I may be wrong.

pgwatch runs on a linux stack, so if you need to run it on windows you
have either to runa virtual machine (running linux) or get a docker
linux container available and running.

> Can we install and run it from the postgres database server itself?

I think it is possible, but probably not the best solution.

Luca