Re: Faster data load

From: Lok P <loknath(dot)73(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Muhammad Usman Khan <usman(dot)k(at)bitnine(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Faster data load
Date: 2024-09-06 04:42:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 6 Sept, 2024, 9:20 am Muhammad Usman Khan, <usman(dot)k(at)bitnine(dot)net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can use pg_partman. If your table is partitioned, you can manage
> partitions in parallel by distributing the load across partitions
> concurrently. Or you can use citus. It can be an excellent solution,
> especially for handling large data volumes and parallelizing data operations

Thank you.
The tables are partitioned. Also during index creation we are trying to do
it multiple partitions at same time from multiple sessions.But seeing out
of memory error in 5th or 6th session. And even each sessions taking 30mins
per partitions for index creation. Attach index partitions happening in
seconds though.