Re: pgAdmin IV API test cases patch

From: Priyanka Shendge <priyanka(dot)shendge(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kanchan Mohitey <kanchan(dot)mohitey(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin IV API test cases patch
Date: 2016-06-29 13:52:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

As per discussion over mail i have created separate config files for
credentials
and test data.

PFA patch for same. Kindly, review and let me know for modifications.

On 27 June 2016 at 15:10, Priyanka Shendge <
priyanka(dot)shendge(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On 27 June 2016 at 13:24, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Priyanka Shendge
>> <priyanka(dot)shendge(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

>> patch.

>> test

>> > Each node file (e.g. test_db_add.py and test_db_put.py) uses respective
>> > credentials test data from
>> > test_config.json while execution.
>>
>> That doesn't answer my question - why do we need separate credentials
>> for each node?
>>

> Sorry for typo, its test data not credentials.

>> > Let me know if my understanding is clear:
>> >
>> > Should i keep basic credentials of each node (database, schema) into
>> > test_config.json
>> > instead taking care of each field?
>>
>> You should have one set of credentials that's used for the entire test
>> run.
>>

> Sure. I'll separate the credentials and test data into 2 different files.
> So, a normal user can run the tests into one go after some minor
> credentials changes.
> And an advanced user can have an option to change the test data if he
> wants.

>> you
>> in
>> split
>> test

>> node's

>> > --
>> > Best,
>> > Priyanka
>> >
>> > EnterpriseDB Corporation
>> > The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>>

>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>>

>> --
>>

> --
> Best,
> Priyanka
>
> EnterpriseDB Corporation
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Best,
Priyanka

EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin4_config_revised.patch application/octet-stream 40.0 KB