Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

From: Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design
Date: 2023-07-11 15:15:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 2:29 PM Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jul 2023 at 12:04, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> Try preloading the extension in the PostgreSQL server.
>> e.g. Add this extension in the 'shared_preload_libraries' in
>> postgresql.conf.
>>
>> Reference: https://pgpedia.info/s/shared_preload_libraries.html
>>
> Thank you, Ashesh! I will try this and provide you with an update.

I tried adding 'system_stats' in the 'shared_preload_libraries', but it
doesn't work.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2023 at 14:38, Aditya Toshniwal <
aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Disk info doesn't need to be updated live. You can update it once on every
> tab change. I feel process info should be a bar chart. The categories are
> fixed in number and we can use StreamingChart for bar chart.

Okay sure.

Please ignore the previous WIP.patch file. I missed to include few
untracked changes.
I have attached the new patch file. Sorry for the inconvenience.

New patch consist:

- Single dashboard with option to toggle between General and System
Statistics
- Summary tab (except process info details).
- CPU Details
- Memory Details

Thanks,
Sahil

Attachment Content-Type Size
WIP.patch application/octet-stream 52.6 KB