Queries regarding staticfiles | pgarchives

From: Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Queries regarding staticfiles | pgarchives
Date: 2022-06-14 12:43:03
Lists: pgsql-www

Hello,
I have following queries related to staticfiles:

- Why do we have /media-archives/... URL for CSS files? [
https://github.com/postgres/pgarchives/blob/master/django/archives/mailarchives/templates/base.html#L18]
Such folder is not present in the project. We have a folder named *media
*which contains all static files. Can I change all /media-archives/ to
/media/ ? Also the css_map that dynamic_css
<https://github.com/postgres/pgarchives/blob/master/django/archives/mailarchives/views.py#L845>()
method
<https://github.com/postgres/pgarchives/blob/master/django/archives/mailarchives/views.py#L845>
is
using and in the css files for specifying path to images
<https://github.com/postgres/pgweb/blob/master/media/css/main.css#L193>,
contain /media/ and not /media-archives/.
- What is the use case of that dynamic_css() method?
- CSS and images will reflect on the HTML pages when I set STATIC_URL =
"/media/" and change all media-archives to media. Also I need to add
'django.contrib.staticfiles' in the INSTALLED_APPS.
- In the main.css also many things are missing.
I have attached the main.css present in the GitHub and main.css that
actual pgarchives is using. Why do we have such differences in the code?

Thanks,
Sahil Harpal

Attachment Content-Type Size
main_actual.css text/css 37.0 KB
main_present_in_github_repo.css text/css 14.3 KB