Re: Queries regarding staticfiles | pgarchives

From: Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Queries regarding staticfiles | pgarchives
Date: 2022-06-16 14:05:12
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 15 Jun 2022 at 22:43, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> That depends on what webserver you're using. For example, in uwsgi you'd
> add something like:
> static-map=/media-archives=/some/where/pgarchives/django/media
>
> For nginx, it'd be something like:
> location /media-archives/ {
> alias /some/where/pgarchives/django/media/;
> }

I tried this, but still, it is showing 404.
I created a *.ini* file and added the following values. and instead of
running the server using runserver command I am using uwsgi.

[uwsgi]
http = localhost:8000
wsgi-file = archives/wsgi.py
static-map = /media-archives=/pgarchives/django/media

Am I missing anything here?

Oh. Yes, anything outside of /list/ is loaded from pgweb. The dyncss is one
> of them. And yes, this is kind of a hacky and terrible way, but that's how
> it is right now. Certain parts of them have to be kept in sync.
>
> We need them separately because the same pgarchives code is also run
> standalone, for our private archives. And in that scenario, there is no
> pgweb involved.

Okay, so let's say if I want to make some changes in
https://www.postgresql.org/list/,
https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-admin/,
https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-admin/2022-06/ etc. In which file
should I make changes? main.css of pgweb or pgarchives or both (since
pgarchives can also run standalone)?

Thanks,
Sahil Harpal