Re: Fwd: temp_file_limit?

From: Frits Jalvingh <jal(at)etc(dot)to>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: temp_file_limit?
Date: 2022-12-19 20:32:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

@Thomas

Thanks for helping identifying the issue. I think it would be nice to clean
up those obsoleted files during the run because running out of disk is
reality not a good thing to have ;) Of course the bad estimates leading to
the resize are the real issue but this at least makes it less bad.

Thanks for the tip about disabling parallel_hash but I also found it in the
source. As mentioned before I disable (on production systems) all
parallelism, not just for this issue but to prevent the OOM killer from
killing Postgres - which happens way more often with parallelism on...